If I were to feign, to deign myself to at least a moderate sense of that which is supposedly common, I'd admit that I'm being a dumbass. I don't have to smoke. I own a fucking umbrella, and I have public transportation readily available to me. And I think to myself:
On Thursday I felt well enough and the rain had abated itself long enough to facilitate the 3 mile jog to work. I really dig walking west along Live Oak toward downtown, especially passing the lofts and Exall Park, which has an awesomely accomodating (because of the muddy grass) sidewalk that snakes along the road. It's not as impressive as my wording might suggest, but what do you expect when the desire path is all mudded up?
Sometimes when you walk distances, you cross paths with people who, with just one nod of recognition, you know that they've been tracking an equal (if not longer) distance. You laugh to yourself and wonder if said people will tread the exact same path as you and alternately, if you'll walk theirs.
Aren't you so freaking lucky because I am the best English Teacher all times in the whole entire world? AND I have a blog.
ReplyDeleteI can help you with this blog notifying comments thingy. Yay!
In the panel where you can configure you blog, you choose comments, and then in the bottom of the page, there is a space where you type your email address, so, whenever you get new comments, they'll send you and email. TAAADAAA!
I keep forgetting I have a text in 3:AM Magazine, but it is really, really nice to see that people liked my piece, thank you.
As for my blog, you mostly won't be able to read, because I try to mix correct and ancient Portuguese grammar, with bad words, new slang, and pop icons. It's a pity. In this blog I write chronicles, tales and diary stuff. Curious fact is that people tend to like most the facts of my humdrum insipid little life.
I blame Big Brother. Totally.
So, this is my first blog ever
http://janalisboa.spaces.live.com/
I wrote it on 2005-2006 (and I'm not sure why)I did it in English.
As for your post, if I had heard the zillion voices in my head what I should do with and umbrella, they'd say "jump from the top of the roof!". And in spite I don't smoke I'm with this ad eternun cough because I teach adolescents in a closed room with airconditionator.
Take care,
Jana
Thanks! It's done. Now I will be notified.
ReplyDeleteEnglish teacher, huh? I've thought about doing one of those programs where I teach English to young people in other countries. But it seems too much like work. I'd rather be lazy in a far away land. Like I am here. :)
I wanted to read your other blog, but it's on private or is gone. I don't know which. The message it showed used vague and indecisive language.
Your English is pretty good. Better than my Portuguese will ever be. But I can totally get the "gist" of your blogs. In fact, I can sometimes get through whole paragraphs... I use translating tools because they are faster (though less accurate). Sure, I don't get the slang and some of the references, but I'm not Brazilian. :(
Funny thing about the translator: it takes infinite verb forms and translates them into English gerunds. So-- falar is translated as "talking" or "speaking." And hablar is done the same way for Spanish to English.
Anyway, I'm a nerd.
And I know all too well the whole jumping from heights with umbrellas thing. I'm just a big kid at heart! The highest I managed was about 4 1/2 feet. I was 8 years old. I was on top of the world!
Be good,
me
Hello Sir,
ReplyDeleteyeah, that site went private a long time ago. And being here got me reading and thinking about when I used to know people from the entire world because I'd write in English.
So, I've decided to be back in bizzzness.
Since google sucks, I will use my bilingual powers and write not one, but two blogs.
Let's see how I'll manage the time.
http://inmybestbehaviour.blogspot.com/